Another tradition is to dress up and act out the Nativity. I was always Mary when I was a little girl and I even got to be baby Jesus the first two years of my life! This year Lukey got to be baby Jesus. Here is our baby Jesus in his manger :)
Mary riding her donkey to Bethlehem.
Joseph and Mary looking for somewhere to stay (just pretend baby Jesus hasn't been born yet!)
Baby Jesus was born in a stable, wrapped in his swaddling clothes and put in his manger.
Here come the Wiseman from the east to give the baby Jesus his gifts.
What a handsome Wiseman!
Our beautiful manger scene!
Joseph and his Baby Jesus.
Don't forget about the shepherds that came to visit the babe.
We really try to make this a nice spiritual thing, but every year we usually break down laughing over something the kids and/or adults do and we end up making a mockery of the Nativity. I would say that this year is the best we have done in a long time!
After our Nativity we watched a bunch of Mormon Messages and that really helped us to remember our Savior and why we were gathered as a family to celebrate Christmas. One of my favorite Mormon Messages it the one about the Hispanic people that went to work in the church owned vineyard on Christmas Day. It was their only day off and they were assigned to work, so they did it. It is always so touching. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that he was born to Mary in Bethlehem and that he grew to be the man who atoned for the sins of all who have ever lived and who will ever live upon this earth. I am so grateful for his life, his example, his atoning sacrifice and for his tender mercies. I am so grateful that I could celebrate his birth with my familiy!












1 comment:
We do this too. However, you seem to have WAY better costumes that we do. I need to stock up on my Nativity costumes.
Post a Comment